Contact the Board
COMMUNICATING WITH THE SCHOOL BOARD
At School Board Meetings
In the interest of community engagement, the PLSAS School Board provides an opportunity for members of the audience to address the board during regular board meetings as outlined in policy 203:
- Input from students, staff, parents, and community members in major decisions can be a valuable form of assistance to the board. Open forum is an opportunity to address the board. Individuals who wish to address the board may do so a topic not on the agenda, unless exception is granted by the board chair.
- At least 10 minutes prior to each meeting, a sign-up sheet will be available at the meeting site for individuals to sign up to address the board. Only those whose names and addresses appear on the sign-up sheet at the time the meeting is called to order shall be permitted to address the board.
- Up to 5 speakers shall be provided a maximum of three minutes (15 minutes total) to address the board, unless an exception is granted by the board chair.
- If no one speaks at open forum, the board chair may call the board meeting to order.
- Speakers will not be allowed to verbally attack, disparage, or potentially defame individual board members, employees or students, nor may speakers use vulgar or profane language. Also, speakers may be precluded from disclosing personally identifiable private data regarding employees or students.
- Speakers unwilling to conform to the rules or time constraints may be told his/her privilege of speaking has ended.
- Board members shall listen respectfully to issues brought to them by the community, but not engage the individuals during their time. The board shall not deliberate or take action during the open forum regarding an issue presented.
- If follow-up by administration is necessary, the chair shall request that the superintendent follow up on the matter.
- When the board chair proceeds with the meeting, audience comments are no longer in order; however, the board members retain the right to call on district administrators for information to assist the board in its deliberations.
The school board's group e-mail address is email@example.com. When you use this e-mail address, your message will go directly to every school board member. In most cases, within three business days you will receive a specific reply from the school board chair, responding on behalf of the full board.
Email the PLSAS School Board
By U.S. Mail or Phone
Questions or comments for the School Board can be directed by mail or phone:
Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools
4540 Tower Street SE
Prior Lake, MN 55372
Tel: (952) 226-0010
Contacting Staff with Questions or Concerns
In many cases, questions or concerns can be most effectively handled by district staff who have specific knowledge about the relevant issue.
If your question or comment is related to:
- Classroom issues: Please contact your student's classroom teacher first. If you need further assistance resolving your concern, please contact the school principal.
- School issues: Please contact the school principal first. If you need further assistance resolving your concern, please contact the Superintendent's office at (952) 226-0010.
- Operational or management issues: Please contact the staff person closest to that area of interest, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and your message will be forwarded to the appropriate staff member.
- District-level issues: Please contact the administrator responsible for the relevant area. If you need further assistance resolving your concern, please contact the Superintendent's office at (952) 226-0010.