1:1 Device Initiative
The changing landscape of the world’s information to digital form will require today’s student to have a different set of skills than what was required just a decade ago. Future graduates must be equipped with not just the “three R’s”, but also with 21st century skills of communication, critical thinking, collaboration and creativity. Students will need to be able to quickly find, synthesize and communicate information and collaborate with colleagues— not just in their own office, but within a global community of colleagues and customers.
Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools want to ensure students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to responsibly navigate this emerging modern world. Therefore, PLSAS has implemented a 1:1 (student to device) program for grades K-12 to create a seamless and dynamic educational experience for students.
goals of the 1:1 Initiative
- Enhance and accelerate learning
- Leverage technology for individualizing instruction
- Promote collaboration, increasing student engagement
- Strengthen the 21st century skills necessary for future student success
The technology also increases access to digital curriculum, in place of traditional print textbooks and classroom equipment such as graphing calculators. The opportunity to use 1:1 devices gives students access to anywhere, anytime learning— in classrooms, in schoolyards, at a cyber cafe and at home.
- Cyber Safety
- Digital Citizenship
- iTunes: Understanding Restrictions
- iTunes: Using Parental Controls
- iOS Software Inventory List
- Media Agreements for Parents & Teens
- Monitor & Limit Screen Time
- PLSAS Curriculum Software Inventory
- Put the Device to Bed, But Not in the Bedroom
- Set Expectations for Technology Usage
- Student Use of Information Technology