1:1 Device Initiative
The changing landscape of the world’s information to digital form will require today’s student to have a different set of skills than what was required just a decade ago. Future graduates must be equipped with not just the “three R’s”, but also with 21st century skills of communication, critical thinking, collaboration and creativity. Students will need to be able to quickly find, synthesize and communicate information and collaborate with colleagues— not just in their own office, but within a global community of colleagues and customers.
Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools want to ensure students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to responsibly navigate this emerging modern world. Therefore, PLSAS has implemented a 1:1 (student to device) program for grades K-12 to create a seamless and dynamic educational experience for students.
goals of the 1:1 Initiative
- Enhance and accelerate learning
- Leverage technology for individualizing instruction
- Promote collaboration, increasing student engagement
- Strengthen the 21st century skills necessary for future student success
The technology also increases access to digital curriculum, in place of traditional print textbooks and classroom equipment such as graphing calculators. The opportunity to use 1:1 devices gives students access to anywhere, anytime learning— in classrooms, in schoolyards, at a cyber cafe and at home.
Care, Maintenance and Use of iPads
- Apps & Downloads
- Device Security for Students
- District Policies Regarding Technology
- Device Care
- Camera & Microphone
- iPad Case
- Device Charging
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged iPads
- Guidelines for responsible internet use
Apps & Downloads
Device Security for Students
District Policies Regarding Technology
Camera & Microphone
Lost, Stolen or Damaged iPads
Guidelines for responsible internet use
PLSAS Technology Resources
- Cyber Safety
- Digital Citizenship
- iTunes: Understanding Restrictions
- iTunes: Using Parental Controls
- iOS Software Inventory List
- Media Agreements for Parents & Teens
- Monitor & Limit Screen Time
- PLSAS Curriculum Software Inventory
- Put the Device to Bed, But Not in the Bedroom
- Set Expectations for Technology Usage
- Student Use of Information Technology
iTunes: Understanding Restrictions
iTunes: Using Parental Controls
iOS Software Inventory List
Media Agreements for Parents & Teens
Monitor & Limit Screen Time
PLSAS Curriculum Software Inventory
Put the Device to Bed, But Not in the Bedroom
Set Expectations for Technology Usage
Student Use of Information Technology
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the District offer Device insurance?
- What is the cost to my family?
- Will I use my device in all of my classes?
- Can the wireless network handle all of the devices?
- How is the 1:1 device initiative funded?
- Do I have to participate in this initiative?
Does the District offer Device insurance?
What is the cost to my family?
Will I use my device in all of my classes?
Can the wireless network handle all of the devices?
How is the 1:1 device initiative funded?
Do I have to participate in this initiative?
Contact the IT Help Desk