2022 Survey Results
SURVEY RETURN RATES
SURVEY RETURN RATE
|2,986 responses (31%)|
Elementary Students (grades 3-5)
|1,519 responses (43%)|
Secondary Students (grades 6-12)
|1,372 responses (31%)|
Certified Staff (employees requiring a license through the MN Department of Education, ie. teachers, principals, superintendent)
|555 responses (88%)|
Educational Support Staff (all other employees not requiring a certified license, ie. cooks, custodians, secretaries)
|290 responses (51%)|
STUDENT SURVEYS (GRADES 3-12)
- 97% of elementary students and 85% of secondary students reported their culture, religion or ethnic heritage is respected by other students.
- 96% of elementary and 87% of secondary students report that their teachers help them feel included in the classroom.
- 96% of elementary students and 84% of secondary students feel connected to at least one adult at their school.
- 96% of elementary students and 78% of secondary students feel safe and secure in school.
- 85% of elementary students and 76% of secondary students stayed connected to their friend group over the past year.
- 94% of families reported that adults/teachers believe my child can learn and be successful.
- 90% of families reported that school administration is accessible.
- 85% of families reported that they believe their child is challenged academically.
- 81% of families reported that teachers are available and provide assistance to their children when needed.
- 81% of families reported that their child looks forward to going to school.
- 77% of families reported that their child stayed connected to their friend group over the past year.
- 76% of families reported that child seems to know at least one adult with whom they can share successes and concerns.
- 72% of families report an effect on child’s learning experience as a result of the pandemic.
STAFF SURVEY (COMBINED CERTIFIED AND EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT STAFF)
- 90% of ESS and 89% of Certified Staff report a high-functioning collaborative working relationship with their colleagues.
- 90% of ESS and 75% of Certified Staff report that they work in an environment that respects diversity and is discrimination free.
- 89% of ESS and 82% of Certified Staff report that they work in an environment that supports innovative ideas and practices.
- 85% of ESS and 67% of Certified Staff report that they are proud to be associated with PLSAS and its brand.